Sunday, June 20, 2010

Today, another Father's Day with no dad for my kids. It is not easier this second time, and as Dana blogged, it is harder. Delaney didn't want to do the school Father's Day craft this year so she had a day home with Grandma and Dana. She talks about her dad all the time, how can I fill that hole in her wee life? I know our God is father to the fatherless, but hugs and tickles from Daddy just truly can't be replaced. For me, Losing a spouse is definitely a tearing off of a part of the body--we marry and become one flesh, which is unlike any other relationship in our lives. No one can understand how deep that cut of loss is, and how the healing is superficial, like a wound that never fully gets better.
On another note, I really wanted to use this blog to put all the thoughts that are always in my head down in an organized form. However, I start writing, and all the poetic, beautiful, inspired language disappears into some abyss and I'm left with just ordinary words. Interesting-but something to work on, I guess. What happens, tho', is that if I can't do it "right" or well, I will give up and move on to another project. This drove Doug crazy, as he would have a project, and methodically work at it until all was complete (unfortunately this did not extend to house projects at this house on Cedar). Time to change my pattern, so I will continue to write, and hope to see a change in my word- smithing.

3 comments:

  1. Yep. Definitely harder this year. I think I'm more sad for you, Laney and the kids at the moment...

    Like the new blog format.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to the challenge of getting the words out. Good for you for keeping at it. Hopefully today can be okay for you...whatever we can do to help.


    ..I also like the new template!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I am Becky's mom. I too can relate to getting the words out but I think it is very understandable. How does a person put to words the things that our hearts cry. There are some things that there are no words for, the things that only God himself can understand. I think it is good to try though and I think that it does not really matter if it is always eloquent and perfect.

    Father's day was hard for me too. I stayed home from church knowing how hard it was going to be to reminded of what the kids and myself no longer have. Today I went to a different church just for a change. They did their father's day sermon today. Not good. Hugs to you today.

    ReplyDelete