Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas is over-and now I'm ready for it. figures. Ah well, it was ok this year...but still miss having Dougie here to plan the holiday festivities and enjoy our crew together. I have beautiful kids and grandkids, smart and funny, fun to be with. Meals and entertaining used to be a routine shared by us both...different chores and tasks were just done. It is really different with just one, but it is what it is. Another change I find is that visiting does not happen easily with just me...again, it's a couple's thing. Life's changes are still not easily accepted. One thing I can do for myself is pick my own present, so this year it is a Tassimo beverage machine. Great coffee for one, but I didn't have enough choice for a group...more shopping!
So, the rest of the holidays will be spent watching our huge TV, watching our blue ray movies and trying to figure out Netflix...Season's Greetings!

1 comment:

  1. Deb, it was so good to visit yesterday. We feel so blessed to call you friend. Get that Netflix working and start watching "Monk". I think you'll love it. An OCD detective! Hard to imagine it being funny but it is - funny but also touching at times too. Love you!

    ReplyDelete