Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Today is day 9 of the 30 days of gratitude, and good friends is the topic. This has been on my mind of late for several reasons. When having lunch with an out of town friend, we got to the topic of Delaney and me moving-what are we going to do? Then she said, " I bet you have lots of friends saying- Don't go!" My reply- well, no, I only have a couple friends that actually talk (meaning keep in touch) with me these days. Hmmm, not what she expected. This is not what I expected either! I suspect ( but don't know for sure) that some people feel glad ( and then guilty) that they are not me. Others feel guilty when they find that keeping in touch has now become a chore. I am NOT going to dwell on this, it is what it is. What I am doing, tho', is assess what kind of friend I am to others. And yes, I am the neglectful one. So, I am going to do something about this. No more procrastination, today is my friend day. Friends, both old and new, are something to be cherished, and for all my friends, even those I don't often see or talk to, I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment